Are You A Virtual Traveler?
There are gorgeous images on Tumblr and Pinterest’s Travel Boards. I could sit for hours looking at all the beautiful destinations, the fascinating cultures, and be the perennial ‘virtual traveler’. In fact, I once posted images of stylish hotel lobby designs because I like to get inspired by design and dreamy destinations.
Of course, I’m a ‘real traveler’ too!
So which are you? A virtual traveler or a real traveler? Let’s explore with these 10 questions:
- Have you ever gone swimming in the ocean? 1 point for ‘Yes’
- Have you ever gone swimming in the ocean despite being afraid that a shark will devour you? 5 points for ‘Yes’ (but, minus 2 points for worrying about the shark)
- Have you been to a National Park in the US? 1 point for ‘Yes’; 3 points for a World Heritage Site anywhere in the world
- Have you ever seen an ad for a cruise or a hotel deal and said: “Yeah, I deserve a vacation”, and booked that day? 3 points for ‘Yes’
- Have you scheduled/are saving for your dream vacation? 1 points for ‘Yes’
- Have you subscribed to a loyalty program because you’re actually loyal? 1 point for ‘Yes’
- Have you ever explored Google Earth® and then ventured out to that place you thought looked interesting? 1 point for ‘Yes’
- Have you proudly displayed shot glasses in your home from vacation destinations (not because they’re souvenirs, but because you actually used them in those locations)? 3 points for ‘Yes’ (but minus 2 points for your questionable drinking habits)
- Have you ever had a conversation with a hotel concierge to inform her of the great places to go in your city of residence? 3 points for ‘Yes’
- Have you ever just gone to the airport without a ticket, or driven out of state without a plan, or ridden a train to an unknown destination? 5 points for ‘Yes’
All 20-pointers… raise your hand and do a dance! You are indeed a real traveler. For the 19 and below scores… It’s OK, you’re still young!
Don’t forget: Readers can get exclusive access to the world’s best travel membership site, with savings of up to 65% off, by joining Last Minute Travel Club