How I Traveled SuperFast to Bimini!
A First Look at the Hilton at Resorts World Bimini
Phase I is now open for the Hilton at Resorts World Bimini, Bahamas, less than 60 miles from the Port of Miami, and just two hours via the Bimini SuperFast cruise ship.
I had the privilege of experiencing the quick and lively transport to Bimini, and a luxurious and stylish two night stay at the Hilton Resort with the casino, marina, and restaurants now serving guests.
Here’s the experience:
- Board the Bimini SuperFast for two or three night cruises from Port Miami
- Stay overnight on board in a ship cabin, or at the Hilton at Resorts World Bimini
- Play the casino on board, and at the Hilton
- Partake in a full array of island activities
- Hop on the SuperFast for your ride back to Miami
First, let’s explore the SuperFast. At 669 feet (203.9 m) in length, and 10 decks high, it’s a large ship with capacity for more than 1,000 passengers (though not nearly the behemoths of the ‘traditional’ cruise lines).
We departed port at 7pm, and I recommend making reservations at Ponce De Leon Restaurant – only $25 for a three-course dinner that was impressive and delicious. Then hit the casino, or dance off the calories on deck ten. Before you know it, the ship will be backing in to its parking spot of the Port at Resorts World Bimini.
A short golf-cart ride later, and the beautifully appointed Hilton with the clean, modern (yet temporary) lobby awaits with friendly staff to greet you. If the virtual renderings of the infinity pool and luxury spa will match the exquisite look and feel of the guest rooms, then a spectacular experience will satisfy the most discerning traveler once completed.
For now, there are rooms and suites available, and the rates are insanely low due to the current construction of the lobby, restaurants and spa. It is well worth the experience to go now, and return again for the completion early next year. The construction was barely audible, and well concealed.
This package is the ultimate escape, and snorkeling at the Sapona ship wreck site added to an experience of a lifetime! Here are my highlights of the cruise and resort stay by Resorts World Bimini:
- Quick and smooth embarkation and check-in process
- Salmon entrée and Bread Pudding dessert at Ponce De Leon Restaurant
- The beautiful guest room at the Hilton, and subtle lighting that automatically illuminates upon entering the bathroom
- The strikingly gorgeous azure water, white sands, and strikingly gorgeous turquois water
- Snorkeling excursion at Sapona ship wreck
- Dreaming about my next visit for the Reef Shark excursion, and kayak tour
- Being in the same place that Hannibal Lecter (played by Anthony Hopkins) stood in the final scene of The Silence of the Lambs! “I’m having an old friend for dinner”.
A special ‘Thank You’ to Mr. Rose for being a gracious host, and guide.
IF YOU LIKE THIS, THEN CHECK OUT “WHY YOU SHOULD CRUISE WITH APPLE WATCH!”