Amazing Amenities at Ritz Carlton Caribbean
For the well-off travelers, there are extraordinary experiences awaiting you at The Ritz-Carlton luxury hotels of the Caribbean and Mexico. Here, you will find synchronicity of elegant accommodations and world-class activities that cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world.
I’ve explored the ‘free’ amenities and services that are included in the resort fee, and a few things to do that belong on your extra special bucket list.
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Situated on the former Rockefeller Estate, the remote reserve is now a private estate managed by Ritz Carlton in a remote setting along the Atlantic Ocean in Puerto Rico.
Here are a few of the distinctive touches:
- Enjoy an adults-only pool.
- Get involved in Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment.
- Five acre spa sanctuary called Spa Botanico complete with tree-house treatment “rooms”.
- Private plunge pools or rooftop terraces in select rooms.
- All rooms equipped with a French Press, offering Puerto Rican coffee and your choice of teas.
- Indoor and outdoor rain forest showers with an indoor deep soaking tub.
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted with a complimentary ‘Bon Bini” welcome drink – a great start to your luxury oasis and beautifully appointed room with private balcony overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Choose the Club Level for continuous complimentary food and beverage throughout the day, and a dedicated concierge for those must-have arrangements for your stay along the famed Palm Beach.
Included in the resort fee is access to the spa steam rooms, saunas and whirlpools, and all non-motorized water sports equipment. Take advantage of the Spa skin consultation! (Advance reservations required).
- Not included in the resort fee – Beach Cabanas (May-October) $250 and includes: Ice; Water Bottles; Sunscreen; Fresh Fruit Platter; and Snack Assortments.
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
Where the cerulean blue Caribbean Sea meets a cloudless sky, the sun emerges to mark the beginning of another brilliant day at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, one of the most elegant luxury hotels nestled along Mexico’s alluring Mayan coastline. There is no resort fee, yet you can sample these fine offerings:
- Cooking lessons at The Culinary Center, boasting Viking fine appliances and home kitchen layout.
- Daily tequila tastings are offered by the resort’s certified Tequilier.
- Sunrise Yoga – Specially designed for guests who like to push themselves a little more.
- Ironman Workout – A combination of running and swimming for guests who are training for a demanding sport competition.
- ‘Childproofed’ rooms available upon request.
- Technology Butler® (yeah, I think they had my mom in mind for this!)
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
From a spa sanctuary to a selection of six dining options to a “ritz kids” discovery experience, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman will suit the needs of all young and old. The resort fee includes: one-on-one sailing lessons, snorkeling gear and lessons, complimentary dining for children 5 and under, kayaks, paddle boards, water hammocks and more.
For that extra special experience, check out events at the Culinary Studio or partake in Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment that introduces guests to the natural wonders and rich cultural traditions of the Cayman Islands. This is not an exhaustive list, as the list of included amenities would take up the whole page!
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
Located on eight acres of pristine beaches in Isla Verde, San Juan, The Ritz-Carlton provides guests with an unforgettable escape at one of the most elegant beach hotels in Puerto Rico, plus a selection of five restaurants that will keep your appetite satiated. Here’s a sample of what the resort fee includes:
- Selection of daily fitness classes.
- Complimentary overnight shoeshine (hey, there might be business travelers there!)
- Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas.
- In-room bottled water.
- Wireless at the pool and on the beach (oh, that’s too bad).
For the ultimate experience, visit the 12,000 square-foot spa for a sea salt blend scrub, or cocoon in a thermal wrap rich in humectants that nourish the skin.
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
As you listen to the gentle trade winds blowing through our open-air courtyard and the peaceful sounds of the palm fronds swaying to and fro, take a deep breath and inhale the fragrance of ylang-ylang flowers that permeates the air throughout the luxurious St. Thomas resort. Here’s what makes this resort extra special:
- Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment, eco adventures for children and adults.
- 53-foot luxury catamaran, Lady Lynsey, available for day sails, sunset cruises and private charters.
- Resort fee includes kayaks, paddle boards, windsurfers, snorkeling equipment and more.
- Get a massage overlooking the ocean.
NOTE: www.LMTclub.com provides All Blog Visitors ½ price access to the world’s lowest travel rates by becoming a Club member, and using promo code: JOIN4HALF – a $25 value! And… Get $25 toward your first hotel booking! That’s like getting a whole year free! More than 600,000 members save hundreds each year on travel.